Friday 31 October 2014

Friday Fun 311014

Before we start with the fun this week, just a little message from a good friend of mine. I don't ask for much in return for all the fun you get every week, so if you fancy giving a little (or a lot) follow the link and see if we can make a difference and bust Julie's target!

Thanks
Toby


Hi all,

Apologies for the email out of the blue, and I hope this message finds you well. I'm writing to ask whether you'd like to sponsor me in some fundraising, after a good friend of mine lost her fight for health against cancer very recently.  I met Grace through running and sport, and so it seemed fitting to dedicate the 10K I'm running in Manchester on 9th November to her, and to try and raise some funds for Macmillan in the process. 

It's not a marathon or a muddy or paint splashed obstacle course or anything, just a 10K run, but most of you know I was facing fusion surgery on my spine earlier in the year so it feels pretty challenging from my perspective!  I chose Macmillan as a charity in discussion with other friends of Grace's - they are a well thought of organisation providing inestimable support to cancer patients and their families. Most of us know someone who in some way has been affected by cancer, and maybe been supported by the Macmillan team - people who have can't speak highly enough of the people that work for them.

I appreciate that you will get plenty of requests for donations and sponsorship, so I hope you don't mind me asking. I've set up a Just Giving page which is really easy to use and safe, alternatively if you're in York I'm happy to take cash! If appropriate, please feel free to share the link further - thanks for reading.

Love Jules
xxxx


--
Julie Humpherson Clark

Back to the fun...





















































































No comments:

Post a Comment